NBA STRAYA #NeverForget OFF-SEASON EDITION!
Name: Dave Cowens
Nickname: ‘Big Red’
NBA Straya Nickame: ‘Big Sauce’
Career Stats (per game):
17.6 pts // 13.6 rebs // 3.8 asts // 46.0 FG% // 78.3 FT% // 7.1 3pt%
BEST KNOWN FOR:
– getting sick of a Houston player flopping, so he clobbered the bloke and screamed at the ref ‘NOW THAT’S A FU*KIN’ FOUL!’
– winning the ’73 MVP… and not making the All-NBA 1st team
– driving a cab in Boston while on the Celtics
– sleeping on a park bench in Boston common after winning the ’74 title
– quitting basketball mid-season to go sell Christmas trees… and returning to the team 30 games later
– having the highest motor of any NBA player ever
– being a giant ginger, yet still being beloved
DEAD-SET LEDGE STATUS:
Pull the other one mate! Definitely assured! Big Sauce won two titles, an MVP… AND DROVE A CAB AROUND BOSTON PICKING PEOPLE UP!!!! Also, Cowens passing out on a park bench after beating Kareem and the Bucks for the ’74 title is one of the most dead-set ledge moments in NBA history! Dave Cowens is a dead-set ledge of the highest order.
#ONYA Big Sauce!